I didn’t know I followed so many Homestucks
— Tumblr today (via mintleaftea)
Gif photoset of @AdoreDelano's runway looks.
31 WITCH MOVIES
to lead up to halloween here are all kinds of movies all about witchcraft. funny movies, sad movies, scary movies, vaguely historically inaccurate movies. movies that are not explicitly about witches (this isn’t a very large genre ok)
- häxan: witchcraft through the ages (1922)
- i married a witch (1942)
- black sunday (1960)
- horror hotel (1960)
- witchfinder general (1968)
- bedknobs and broomsticks (1971)
- the devils (1971)
- simon, king of the witches (1971)
- suspiria (1977)
- inferno (1980)
- return to oz (1985)
- the witches of eastwick (1987)
- kiki’s delivery service (1989)
- teen witch (1989)
- warlock (1989)
- the witches (1990)
- death becomes her (1992)
- hocus pocus (1993)
- the bride with white hair (1993)
- witch hunt (1994)
- lord of illusions (1995)
- the craft (1996)
- practical magic (1998)
- ginger snaps (2000)
- bewitched (2005)
- the woods (2006)
- solstice (2008)
- the house of the devil (2009)
- beautiful creatures (2013)
- hansel & gretel: witch hunters (2013)
- ek thi daayan (2013)
Jamie Lynn Spears leaves the audience at the 2014 American Country Music Awards (which took place in Las Vegas) after Blake Shelton’s rude comment about her sister Britney
apparently the audience didn’t have to go anywhere to see a lip synch performance
Okay guys lets get this stuff unpacked.
Karen’s stuff…Some supplies…Karen…
Do you ever just like flex your foot wrong and it cramps and you’re just like this is it, this is how it ends
when i was little and my parents were driving id pretend there was a man/being/thing running alongside the car who had to follow certain rules like “he can only travel by jumping from streetlight to streetlight” or “he can only walk on fences”
i was so surprised to find out that other people did similar things
i wonder what the underlying psychology behind it is
like its a really specific thing to do but almost everyone did it without telling other kids about it because we all thought it was probably weird or unimportant
Wow, I… did this all the time holy crap. Normally it was a horse or some four-legged galloping creature, but also faefolks and characters from my stories and things.
I feel so validated now knowing others do this too.
Privately, I like to think this is the result of travel spirits… >.> But that’s me being an odd sort of polytheist sort.
I did this same thing with horses.
Horses, yep. Horses and wolves. And sometimes dragons.
You mean there are people who didn’t do this?
I did it with Pokemon.
I’m not alone……
I never did it with animals but I would always imagine some sort of line that could only pass through driveways or something and had to like leap out of every drive way to go to another.. Idk, sort of weird. This is cool though!
if you ever call me annoying, even if it’s just jokingly, the chances of me ever speaking to you again are slim to none because I’ll be so afraid that every little word or sound that comes out of my mouth will aggravate you and make you cringe and hate my existence
— me when a whole bunch of enemies start attacking me on video games (via pudingu)
The answer is NO.
The “fact” that junk food is cheaper than real food has become a reflexive part of how we explain why so many Americans are overweight, particularly those with lower incomes. I frequently read confident statements like, “when a bag of chips is cheaper than a head of broccoli …” or “it’s more affordable to feed a family of four at McDonald’s than to cook a healthy meal for them at home.”
this bullshit fills me with a very specific kind of rage. so, TIME TO DEBUNK!
- that meal from mcdonalds takes virtually no time to acquire AND is available almost anywhere.
- the second meal? that “salad” is lettuce … with nothing else, not even dressing unless its just olive oil or some milk i guess? gross.
- also thats the price of each serving, not an entire loaf of bread, a bottle of olive oil, etc. that stuff adds up which means you have to have a lot of money at one time to buy it all.
- that meal probably took an hour and a half to make, which is a long fucking time when you work multiple jobs or are caring for a lot of people or dont have help! seriously, if you are a single parent of three who works, is spending an hour and a half every night preparing a meal a likely option?
- same with beans and rice! also, you know whats a fucking bummer? eating beans and rice every night because you are poor. ask any person who has done it and they will tell you (you can start with me).
- there is a “nutrition” argument here that lacks a follow up: poor people are more likely to be doing physical labor and need more than 571 calories per meal.
- you know who is less likely to know how to bake or prepare a chicken? people without access to the internet, or libraries, or who werent taught how to by their parents because their parents worked all the time. access to healthy foods is a classist issue and classism is cyclical, you fucking morons.
- seriously, these sorts of infographics make me want to fucking flip tables. do you know why people don’t eat more fresh fruits and vegetables? because fresh fruits and vegetables are expensive, because they take a long time to prepare, because they dont live near a grocery store that has a decent produce section, because they dont have reliable transportation to get groceries to and from the grocery store, because they dont have the energy to plan all of the shit that is involved in making healthy, intentional, filling, balanced meals. basically: poor people get fucked, and then we get BLAMED for being lazy.
- eating “healthy”, aka access to fresh fruits and vegetables, is a privilege, first, foremost, always. so fuck you new york times and your ignorant goddamn infographic.
- there are SYSTEMATIC REASONS that we do not have equal access to fresh fruits and vegetables. they are very REAL problems. besides, you know, systematic poverty in america, the total mis-distribution of farm subsidies is a perfect place to start. read about that, then either get bent or start working on the actual problem.